Freitag, 1. April 2016

BAD DAY SURVIVAL KIT

I have them, you probably have them, too. Even Angela Merkel has them sometimes. We're all having bad days (well, except Beyonce probably). If you're lucky the last time has been a while ago for you. I just survived one this very day.



It all started this morning when I was packing my bag for Uni... the strap ripped. This would've been okay if it wasn't my favourite backpack which I just took in two weeks ago. No problem, I've got another bag. On my way out I forgot to bring my umbrella but the sun was shining full force anyway... you can imagine where this one goes. At Uni I arrived in class, soaking wet, trying to convince myself that nevertheless it's a good day. I tried to make myself feel comfortable until I realized that I was in the wrong room. Let me tell you, this happened before and it's no fun. Arriving in my proper class I received so much work from my professor that I won't be able to even think of free time during this semester. 

I'm well aware that there are people who have worse problems and that all in all I'm living a pretty damn good life but sometimes these little things get me and leave me feeling completely stressed. From my environment, I know that we all tend to have these kinds of days and I, therefore, wanted to share my recipe for handling these with you. Hopefully, it'll help you. (Or it'll make your day better to know that mine was worse. Totally comprehensible) 

Don't freak out

Try to get through the rest of your day as smoothly as possible. Buy yourself something fancy in between classes to keep your morals and head high. In my case, this is a caramel macchiato or a smoothie. But even chocolate would probably do the trick. 

Feed yourself

I'm always having the worst days when I'm hungry. No matter how stressed you are, don't forget to nurture your body (which includes chocolate only as a dessert. Get something proper before). Hydrating is also a huge point. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood, I don't drink enough, which gives me a headache, which impairs my mood...)

It's okay to cry 

Sometimes it's the only thing that helps. Just don't fall into self-pity. There's nothing bad about showing emotions, but it's of no use when you get lost in them. 

Make a plan 

As soon as you arrive at home, don't give in to the temptation of Netflix. Sit down somewhere quiet and comfy and figure out a plan of action. It's always good to know how to tackle a problem. 

Start

No matter how much you manage to do (or not), start working. It'll make you feel better. Often it's the beginning that is the hardest part. 

Reward yourself

Now's the time to make some tea, lit a candle and watch your favourite tv-show. But go for something motivating and uplifting. For me, Gilmore Girls always does the trick. Rory's just so disciplined that it makes me feel like I could do anything.

Do you have any tips you might want to enlighten us with? 

Sincerely, Liska.

Photo via Unsplash



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.